This Week in Bridge is looking at Defense in short articles suitable for club and congress level players.Try these for some good ideas:
- "Planning the defense" - a good two page summary.
- "Figuring out declarer's hand - asking questions" - five pages (includes coverage of 2/1 bidding).
- "Assumptions in defense" - great two page summary on making inferences from what declarer is doing.
- "Which honor to cover or capture" - not as simple as it may seem... - five pages worth reading.
- "Getting your ruffs" - four pages worth reading to help avoid missed opportunities.
- "When to get active" - four pages on recognizing situations where the defense needs to take their winners before they 'go away'.
- "Always lead partner's suit?" - four pages on the delicate question of when not to lead partner's suit...