Aim: To introduce the basic mechanics of the game of Bridge
How: Learning the basics of Bridge through playing hands
1. The mechanics of Bridge - 8 October
2. Introduction to bidding - 15 October
3. Bidding and responding to 1NT - 22 October
4. Responding to Level 1 opening bids - 29 October
5. Opener’s second bid - 5 November
6. Responder’s second bid - 12 November
7. Practice play - 19 November
The course will also introduce the playing strategies of trick promotion, the finesse, trumping losers, discarding losers and what card to lead.
Each lesson is supported by material in the text Play Bridge by Joan Butts
Cost: $100 includes text book & weekly email lesson summaries. No partner required. Players repeating the course $10 per lesson
If you would like to register for this course please make your preregistration payment to Susan Jensen who will be running the course.
Direct debit to St George Bank
A/c no: 109 122 562
Please write your surname and Bridge Ed to describe your payment.