MAY: DEFENCE Course & Overcalls Lessons
Defence course - Monday mornings 9.30-11.30am
Lesson 2/14 May: The impact of opening leads against Suit contracts.
There are similarities and differences between the choice of leads against NT contracts and suit contracts - come along to find out more.
Advanced Workshop - Saturday 26 May 9.30-11.30am: Signals & Count
Lessons in May: we will look at OVERCALLS and focus on its advantages, such as leading Partner’s suit. We use different hands at each lesson. Come to one or all:
- 11 May - Friday 9.30-11.30am
- 15 May – Tuesday 2.30-4.30pm
- 28 May – Monday 7.00-9.00pm
For all lessons:
- Come 15 minutes early for cuppa or questions
- Come without a partner. No registration required.
Our supervised sessions start with a practice hand on the table to review bidding. So come 15 minutes early if you want to learn as well as play.
Please note that there is a lesson in a supervised session timeslot once a month. Please refer to the calendar for the dates and topic. Lessons are shown in green and regular supervised sessions are blue.
Regular Supervised Sessions: We use Bridgemates to score and PIANOLA emails to see best hand, most interesting.
- Mondays 7-9pm – with Anne.
- Tuesdays 2.30pm – with Vickie.
- Fridays 9.30am – with Terry
- Cost: $7 Members, $12 Non-members. Vouchers and session cards can now be used at all supervised sessions (but not lessons)(as the Club now takes responsibility for running our Supervised sessions but not our lessons (except for PBI sessions) - as per the Club's current Operating Procedures).