This Week in Bridge looks at various aspects of trump suit management by declarer in short articles useful for club and congress level players.
Annotated links to these articles are provided to help our players who are looking for ways of improving their play.
- "Hold up plays" - great 5 page summary of the declarer gaining advantage with hold-up plays in various situations.
- "When to be optimistic and pessimistic" - good 3 page coverage of when declarer should plan the play optimistically and when pessimistically.
- "Combining chances as declarer" - useful 5 page summary of ways declarer can combine rather than choose between options for additional tricks.
- "Trump suit management" - 5 page summary of ways to manage your trump holding wisely or safely.
- "Trump suit management - transportation" - useful 4 page coverage of the ways careful play of the trump suit can provide important entries.
- "Trump suit management - dummy reversal" - good 3 page summary of the concept of dummy reversal with annotated examples.
- "Trump suit management - ruffing finesse" - complete 4 page coverage of the ruffing finesse, including its advantages and when to use it.
- "Trump suit management - removal and end play" - good 3 page coverage with examples of this useful technique.