Join us on Tuesday 27 March at 5pm for a 60 minute workshop on "Defence: Counting to victory" led by Anita Curtis. Learn how to take the setting trick? Count the hand so you know what you need to keep.
Anita led our popular January workshop and was the winner of Interstate Women’s Teams 2017 (part of NSW State Women’s Team) and winner of Spring Nationals Women’s Teams 2017. She is an experienced teacher at various bridge clubs in Sydney. Anita and her husband, David Beauchamp, take bridge holidays domestically and also sightseeing trips overseas with a bridge flavor. Check the costs and how to register.
Anita will also lead our free short talk on "Avoiding opponent/director trouble" at 6.40pm on the same night before our Swiss Pairs event.
Further out we have:
- We have Joan Butts available for two PBI workshops or coaching sessions on the afternoon of Sat 14 Apr, after she has delivered her morning Bridge Education workshop on 2/1 system - details still coming. Competitive players might wish to keep the morning free for this workshop and also register their interests in what PBI workshops or coaching they might like to do with Joan in the afternoon.
- Derrick Browne leading our Tuesday at 5 workshop on 24 Apr - topic yet to be confirmed. Keep this time free.
- Similarly we have Ed Barnes available for the weekend of 12-13 May for a sequence of PBI workshops and coaching sessions - put on your thinking caps and register what you would like these to cover.
- Liam Milne and Susan Humphries leading out Tuesday at 5 workshop on 22 May.
- We have updated the PBI menu structure and articles on our website to better match the initiatives. This segment of the club website will be the main reservoir of our collective resources, wisdom and advice to competitive players. I am sure you will already find a wealth of useful information. For example see Peter Clarke's guide to how to use Bridge Base Online for partnership bidding practice or try out our Bidding, Declarer play or Defence play articles/challenges.
How will we decide the upcoming topics for our Tuesday at 5 and weekend PBI sessions? We will be driven by your preferences as you express them in our PBI Registration of 2018 interests form. Many of our competitive players are yet to fill out this form (possibly confusing it with the 2017 review of that year's initiatives) - please provide or update your preferences - there is no limit to the number of times you can update your answers!
And to help make this a fully collaborative help-each-other project, please think of how you can contribute - whether it is by reviewing a resource or writing up a guide to something you found useful.